Friday, March 30, 2012
Making the backing was a horror, I had to add a 3" final border all round for it to be big enough. So pinning then became a nightmare, "are the sides equal" was running around in my mind constantly, and I found myself going round & round & round around the table. So I went lateral, and made it wonky on purpose!!! lol, how liberating, flicked that stress outta my mind! It is the back after all.
I've entered it into the Springwood Community Quilt Show. Which is on Fri 27th April to Sun 29th April 2012. Open 10am to 4pm each day. It's a lovely local Quilt Show, with lots of goodies on sale. Take a visit if your around, you won't be disappointed, pinky promise!
Hand quilting it as you read!!!!
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
This was a fun thing to do! And if Brenda of PCF's picks your bundle, as the one she likes the most you win it!!! Go here, and read up on Katy's blog about all the how's and why's. It really was a fun thing to do, I might have another go, oh yes, you can enter multiple times!
The fabrics above are
1. Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Ice Frappe
2. Heather Bailey Nicey Jane Hop Dot in Cream
3. Joel Dewberry Heirloom Rose Bouquet in Sky
4. My Mind's Eye Love Birds Mini Dot in Blue
5. Lizzy House Hello Pilgrim Pearl Bracelet in Soft Lavender
6. Moda Bella Solids Aubergine
7. Amy Butler Love Arabesque in Ivory
8. Sandi Henderson Secret Garden Vintage Ironwork in Midnight
9. Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Herringbone in Pond
10. Joel Dewberry Heirloom Empire Weave in Amethyst
11. Free Spirit Designer Solids Gray
12. Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi Buoyancy in Deep
Been a bit quiet around here I know. Life is pretty full on at present, mostly pleasant changes that demand my complete attention.
Thanks for popping by