Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Wonkiness is free!


My first 2 wonky blocks.

Gee I enjoyed making these. I'm not sure I'll be able to stop! So much freedom in picking fabric scraps, whacking them around a cute center image and then putting a solid border on. Love it! These are just a few of the scraps that mommymae sent me with my DQS7 quilt. I just used a calico remnant I got from Lincraft for the border. I'm going to make them into little zippered pouches for the 'Falls Artfest'. YES!!! I finally had a go at putting in a zip! Crazy to wait so long to try it.

Red Apple

Green Apple

Pencil Case

Christmas Gift Bag

These little bags (I'm making about 10) are made from already sewn blocks I purchased from One Shabby Chick on etsy. I was going to make a Christmas Quilt to sell at the 'Falls Artfest', but had a brainwave to make some Christmas gift bags, they ended up about 8" square. I think they turned out cute!

Cheerio for now
X Mandy

2 comments:

Cardygirl said...

They all look great...love the wonky blocks!

Ali Honey said...

The wonky blocks look great - what a good idea.

Hi I hadn't visited here before but came across from Helena's blog - where you sent your bag.
Best Wishes from New Zealand.