Wednesday, May 20, 2009

9 Patch quilt-along

So........this is where I'm at.



22 finished 9 patches.



and I have no more mauve fabric!!!



Add Blue? Green? Both?



and what shades?
I'm two days ahead, I can ponder and rummage.
And perhaps give some time to my swaps.



SWAPS
  • x3 12.5" hourglass blocks to send in June. The same block and gang as the Show & Tell. The following months will only be x2. August I'll only have one to send, but I'll receive x14. This is my 1st block swap and I'm kinda nervous about sending out to such experienced swappers. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. And with that in mind............
  • x1 25" x 25" (min) Kids Quilt to send in July. Oh boy, talk about being nervous about sending blocks, I've put my hand up for a quilt too. It's good, it's all good, you need challenges in life. It's a secret swap, which is soooo exciting. We each supplied our childrens age and gender and what kind of things they were into. I love having guidelines, it makes it a bit easier for a novice like me. I've bought the fabric, designed the quilt, and started cutting, I hope I bought enough!


I've also signed up for a swap with Maree from
'On My Verandah', it's a Paper Bag Swap, intriguing eh! Go over and check it out, it's also a secret swap, with a little bit (or a lot) of stitching. Partners won't be assigned until the end of the month. It's a little bit different to other swaps, which made it so very appealing to me.

Okay, it's like this - You fill a paper bag with:

1: 1 Fat 1/4 of Plain Fabric for a Stitchery..eg: Linen.Homespun.
2: 1 Fat 1/4 of Patterned Fabric.
3: 1 Skein of Embroidery Thread.
4: Ribbon or Ric Rac...any amount.
5: Buttons...any amount.
6: 1 Chocolate Bar...for Medicinal Purposes.

You can make what ever you want, but you have to use a bit of everything in the bag. The maker keeps what they don't use. I really like this swap, it will be so interesting you see what everyone makes.

Cheerio for now,
Mandy

No comments: