Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bye Bye Bags

All that work was worth it. Six, of the bags I made went home with new owners. Wow, and triple wow. I'm a very happy bag maker. Plus all the cards, a few of the bookmarks, and a soft toy (I still have a post owing on that). It feels really great to have contributed to my boys school by doing that which I love. Shame I didn't get a photo of it all set up, never mind.

So, now that my bag collection looks a little depleted, this morning I cut out 'The Fat Quarters Bag', by, you guessed it, Melly & Me. This pattern, I believe, has not been released in Australia yet, as it's one of the 'Fat Quarters Club' monthly projects. I was especially thrilled when I received this one, as it will involve some new experiences for me, d-rings and snap closures. No! I've never used snap closures. Mind you, I've never done a buttonhole either! I know, it's quite preposterous that I've come this far without doing either of those things.

No new pictures of anything crafty, so I thought I'd introduce my two dogs. Ruby is looking straight at the camera, she's a Hungarian Vizsla/Rhodesian Ridgeback cross. And Skeeter is lying behind her. He's pure Hungarian Vizsla. They love a cuddle on the sofa after the boys have gone to bed, it's almost like they think it's their turn now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have started the bag!! I actually made one up yesterday out of new fabrics as I am going to release the pattern next week at the trade show. I hope you have a good time putting it together and can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck =]