Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blocks C and D for Quilt-Along

This is block C



This is block D



The grey solid that the blocks are on will be part of the back of the quilt. I'm happy with it, I think it sits very nicely with all the other colours.

I've just been searching around Flickr and found Elizabeth has an Etsy shop! Where she sells her Mixtape pattern, among other items. Ho hum, oh dear. It's very reasonable at US $10, arrives within 24hrs and incurs no postage costs. Are you interested Jane?

Speaking of the lovely Jane, she's taking me to Katoomba tomorrow (all of 10 mins away) to a Quilt Show. Not any old Quilt Show though, but an 'Airing of the Quilts'. It was on today as well, but being a Football Mum, I was otherwise engaged. I will take my camera and make a post as I'm sure quilts in the sunshine and blowing in the breeze will look enchanting. It's on at the Carrington Hotel, which is a grand old Hotel that was restored some years ago, with fantastic results. We actually stayed there, before kiddies arrived, on one particular visit to the Mountains. I've also had a Birthday Afternoon Tea there, which was very special, as my Mum and Sister were visiting from England, and Jamie was just 6 weeks old. I do so love old Hotels, especially ones with an air of Art Nouveau to them.

Anyhow, back to those blocks. I've started on the E & F blocks. I really want to finish them by the end of the weekend. I'm in the mood to sew, sew, sew, so into the night sewing I go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Coming along Nicely..I do Love those fabrics...Enjoy the Quilts..
cheers